On November 23, 2021, the »World Ocean Review 7: The ocean as a guarantor of life - sustainable use, effective protection« will be published.
For press questions or interview requests please contact:
Presse und Öffentlichkeit
Tel. +49 40/ 36 80 76 50
Fax +49 40/ 36 80 76 76
- The seventh edition of the World Ocean Review focuses on the effects of climate change on the physics of the ocean and on its biotic communities; the consequences of fishing, shipping, resource extraction, energy generation and marine pollution; and the questions of how active substances from the ocean can be used and how the ocean can be managed in the future in such a way that both its protection and the participation of as many people as possible in its services and goods are guaranteed. The new WOR presents comprehensive solutions for sustainable ocean use in all thematic areas, describes best-practice examples and refers to a large number of international marine protection agreements that represent important instruments, but whose implementation has not been successful in many places to date.
Available for interviews are:
- Nikolaus Gelpke (publisher of mareverlag and initiator of the "World Ocean Review")
- Prof. Dr. Nele Matz-Lück (Co-Speaker of the Kiel Research Network "Future Ocean", Co-Director of the Walther Schücking Institute for International Law)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Visbeck (Co-spokesperson of the Kiel Future Ocean Network and Head of the Physical Oceanography Research Unit at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel).
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Bathmann (Director of the IOW and Chairman of the German Marine Research Consortium)
Presentation and conversationThe presentation of the World Ocean Review 7 planned for 23.11.2021 at 7 pm at the Landesvertretung Schleswig-Holstein in Berlin unfortunately has to be cancelled.
The event will therefore not take place.
Press material for download
- Short interview with Nikolaus Gelpke de >
- Portrait of Nikolaus Gelpke de >
- The partners of the WOR de >
- WOR 7 Total Conclusio with watermark de >
Cover „World Ocean Review 7“Download Tiff Highres >
Here you can download the cover of the „World Ocean Review 7“ as printable tiff file.
Illustration imagesWe have focused for you on Unsplash and gathered five images that you can use to illustrate your articles on WOR 7. The image name is the credit for the author. We ask you to write this info next to the images you use. Of course you will find Unsplash also more pictures on the subject.
The following images are linked to the high-resolution version, you can save them with the context menu of the right mouse button, on your computer "save as".